CHICO, Calif. - The Chico Fire Department has sent all of its crews to a reported structure fire at Cafe Petra in downtown Chico.
Authorities said the fire is in the ceiling area between the first and second floor.
Officers on scene told Action News Now that the fire is contained and there is minimal damage to the building. There were no injuries.
Authorities believe that the fire started from a flue vent in the building. We are working to learn more information. Stay tuned for updates.
All Chico crews on scene 163 2nd street (Cafe Petra) on a confirmed structure fire. Fire is in the ceiling space between 1st & 2nd floor. Crews are working to open up the roof & ceiling to get to the seat of the fire. Media contact chief standridge for questions (530-809-6334) pic.twitter.com/0aJv6LfSGi
— Chico Fire Department (@ChicoFD) April 22, 2019
- Authorities responding to structure fire at Cafe Petra
- 'Cafe Petra' owner talks about fire at restaurant
- Fire crews respond to Biggs structure fire
- Firefighters Responding to Structure Fire in Anderson
- 24 fire personnel respond to residential structure fire in Redding
- Long Beach Fire Captain Dies While Responding to Structure Fire
- Redding firefighters respond to structure fire on Churn Creek Road
- Firefighters Battle Redding Structure Fire
- Fire Crews Battle Structure, Vegetation Fire
- Cal Fire Extinguishes Magalia Structure Fire