UPDATE 11:22 a.m. Friday, July 19, 2019 - Chico police have lifted a CodeRED alert and reopened Marigold Avenue after a gas line was punctured Friday morning.
CHICO, Calif. - Chico authorities are at the scene of a punctured gas line on Marigold Avenue in Chico.
Authorities said an excavator punctured a gas line around 8:30 a.m. on Marigold Avenue, near Eaton Road.
A CodeRED alert was sent out to neighbors in the area asking them to shelter in place.
Firefighters are on standby waiting for PG&E to shut off the line.
Traffic is being stopped eastbound on Marigold Avenue.
This is a developing story. Stay tuned for updates.
- CodeRED alert lifted, road reopened following punctured gas line in Chico
- City of Chico launches CodeRED Emergency Notification System
- Evacuations and Road Closures Lifted for Shasta County Crest Line Fire
- Chico Police Alert: Missing Juvenile
- Punctured Rail Car Dumps 200 Gallons of Diesel Fuel
- Michelin and GM are working on a puncture-proof tire
- Chico road repair money
- Person Building Fence at Chico Home Hits Gas Line, Causing Leak
- Chico Community Observatory Reopens, Better Than Ever