UPDATE 12:43 p.m. Thursday, March 14, 2019 - The Butte County Sheriff's Office has released the identity of a person found dead at the Motel 6 in Chico on Tuesday.
He has been identified as Russell Bush, 67, of Chico.
The sheriff's office still believes that this death is not suspicious, however, the Chico Police Department is investigating the incident.
UPDATE 3:20 p.m. Tuesday, March 12, 2019 - The Butte County Sheriff's Office is said that an autopsy will be conducted, but they did not release a date when that will happen.
Next of kin has not been notified and the death is not being considered suspicious at this time.
Stay tuned for updates.
CHICO, Calif. - Authorities are investigating a body found at Motel 6 in Chico Tuesday morning, according to a spokesperson for the motel.
The Butte County Coroner's Office said they responded to reports from the Motel 6, located on 665 Manzanita Court, Tuesday morning. They have not released the person's identity, pending notification of next of kin.
Motel 6 released the following statement to Action News Now regarding the incident:
"Our thoughts are with the family of this guest during this difficult time. As the situation is still under investigation, questions should be referred to the local authorities."
This is a developing story. Stay tuned for updates.
- Authorities identify body found at Motel 6 in Chico
- Officials Identify Body Found on Chico State's Campus
- Body Found In Sacramento River Identified
- Police Identify Body Found Near Yuba River
- Authorities have identified the body found in the Thermalito Afterbay on Aug. 10
- Authorities investigating body found in Tehama County home
- Searchers Find Body Identified as Missing Chico Man
- UPDATE: body found by fisherman in Shasta Lake identified
- Police Identify Body Found in Walnut Orchard in Gridley
- Police Identify Body Found Under Bridge in Redding