UPDATE 9:30 PM - We now know the names of the two pilots who died in the crash, Brian Julian Vandyke and Burton Alan Haughey. We are still working to learn the circumstances around the crash.
PLEASANT GROVE, Calif. - Authorities are investigating a crash involving two planes in the Striplin area, north of Sacramento.
Reports of the crash came in around 12 p.m. on Wednesday, according to Ian Gregor, public affairs manager of the FAA Pacific Division.
Authorities told the FAA Pacific Division that for unknown reasons, two single-engine Grumman G-164C Ag Cats collided midair.
One pilot was reportedly on board each aircraft, they said.
According to the California Highway Patrol logs, the crash happened near 3840 Pleasant Grove Road.
The FAA and the National Transportation Safety Board are investigating the crash.
This is a developing story. Stay tuned for updates.
- Authorities investigating 2-plane crash north of Sacramento
- Sacramento authorities bust credit card skimming ring
- Authorities investigating deadly crash in Oroville
- Highways 99 and 70 closed at junction north of Sacramento
- Sacramento Police Complete Investigation of Stephon Clark Shooting
- Suspect arrested after stealing, crashing ice cream truck in Sacramento
- Authorities investigating 2-car crash on Highway 99, Eaton Saturday
- Body Found In Sacramento River Identified
- Sacramento DA: 'Golden State Killer' Arrested
- Suspected ISIS Soldier Arrested in Sacramento