BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - Action News Now has learned more about the man who died on Monday after crashing his car off the Skyway near Lookout Point.
Crews pulled Aaron Burrows' body out of the wreckage soon after the crash. The Butte County Sheriff's Office confirmed that the crash was a suicide because crews found a note.
The Mendocino County District Attorney's Office said Burrows was due in court on Monday on charges of sexually assaulting a 9-year-old girl.
Butte County District Attorney Mike Ramsey said that Burrows lived in Paradise.
The Mendocino County District Attorney's Office is investigating because the assault allegedly occurred on a camping trip in Mendocino.
- Authorities identify man killed in Skyway crash as sexual assault suspect
- Authorities identify man killed in suspected DUI crash in Redding
- Skyway Reopens After Fatal Crash
- UPDATE: Rollover crash on Skyway leads to one mans death
- Authorities identify man killed in Redding officer-involved shooting
- Authorities identify man killed in shooting on Highway 70
- 2 car crash leaves 1 dead near Skyway
- CHP: Fertilizer spray truck crashes on the Skyway, traffic affected
- 1 dead after car crashes over edge of Skyway
- Police Identify Man Killed in Redding Plane Crash