OROVILLE, Calif. - A man suspected of starting a fire at a community park in Oroville was being chased by authorities.
The Oroville Fire Department’s Battalion Chief David Hilson, who said they’re investigating a quarter-acre fire that started Wednesday afternoon at around 3:30 p.m. at Bedrock Park.
They do not believe this fire’s connected to the 190-acre “Par Fire” near the airport that threatened structures earlier that day.
At the moment Action News Now does not know if police have caught the suspect yet, but authorities were pursuing a man along the stretch of the Feather River between the park and the dam.
- City Crackdown on Bedrock Park
- Oroville Police Searching for Suspects in Shots fired at MLK Park, Home hit
- Oroville police searching for suspect after shooting leaves one dead
- Sheriff Still Searching for Suspects in Shooting Near Oroville
- UPDATE: Redding Police Locate Possible Arson Suspect
- Arson Suspects Arrested in Placer County
- Cottonwood Residents Relieved After Arson Suspect Arrested
- Shasta County Arson Suspect Arraigned Tuesday
- Cottonwood Arson Suspect Makes First Court Appearance
- Authorities Searching for Olivehurst Fatal Hit-and-Run Suspect