GRIDLEY, Calif. - Highway 99, a high-traffic, familiar road for locals, is now the scene of a possible crime.
20-year-old Brianne Gorospe shares new details on how she survived the attack.
"Definitely scared, because I have a two-year-old in my home, and I don't want her to go anywhere by herself," she said.
Gorospe said on Monday, she was driving down Highway 99 when she pulled off the road to check her tires. That's when the Sheriff's Office said a truck came up behind her. A man emerged from the truck asking her if she needed any help. When she declined, he grabbed her by the arms towards his truck.
"He just came up from behind me," Gorospesaid. "He grabbed my arm and tried to pull me away. As I pulled away I turned back, fell into the car punched him off me, and was finally able to kick him down."
Gorospe says she drove off with the car door still open, terrified for her life. She showed us bruises on her arm, still fresh from the attack.
Just near the crime scene at Gridley's Grill, diners say, they can't believe it.
"He should have tried to help her and not tried to take her away," says 60-year Gridley resident Larry Waller.
"In general, Gridley in the past couple of years its gotten grimier," said Josai Rodriguez, "it's kind of unsafe."
Investigators say the suspect is a white man 50 to 60 years old, curly salt and pepper hair, a brown mustache and sores on his face.
He was seen driving a cream Toyota pickup truck with a dent on the tailgate. Anyone with details should call the Butte County Sherrif's office.
- Attempted Kidnapping Victim Speaks
- Oroville Mother Speaks Out About Attempted Kidnapping at Home
- Redding Man Sentenced for Attempted Murder, Kidnapping
- Butte Co. Sheriff's Office Investigating Attempted Kidnappings
- Chico man arrested for felony domestic violence and attempted kidnapping
- Chico man attempts to kidnap a teenage girl
- Shasta County kidnapping suspects in court on attempted murder charges
- Butte County DA Drops Charges in Attempted Kidnapping Case
- Wrong way crash victim's colleagues speak out
- Victim Speaks Out About Chico Mass-Overdose Incident