ELK CREEK, Calif. - A Glenn County man was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon Tuesday morning after authorities said he stabbed a man in Elk Creek.
The sheriff's office says the victim, 31-year-old Joseph Peters, was walking near the Grindstone Rancheria on Bush Road just after 1 a.m. when the suspect, 28-year-old Tyler Lopez, called him over.
The two were exchanging words when Peters punched Lopez in the face, which is when Lopez stabbed Peters in the chest.
A woman who witnessed the attack called officers to report the crime.
Peters met with the Glenn County sheriff at Newville Road, where paramedics transported him to Enloe Medical Center.
Authorities said Lopez was also wanted for questioning in connection to several other reported incidents of criminal activity that occurred at Grindstone Rancheria over the past several months, including several residential burglaries, theft of firearms and threatening juveniles.
Glenn County sheriff’s detectives questioned Lopez in relation to the other reported crimes and forwarded the information to the Glenn County District Attorney’s Office.
Lopez was booked into the Glenn County jail with his bail set at $100,000.
- 1 arrested, 1 injured in Elk Creek stabbing
- Elk Creek Residents Receive Advisory Evacuation due to Mendocino-Complex Fire
- Chico Elks Lodge host of Veterans
- Chico church moves to Elk's Lodge
- Paradise Elk's Lodge holds Father's Day event
- Redding police arrest stabbing suspect
- Veterans Day Ceremony planned for Chico Elk's Lodge
- California plan deals with state's rebounding elk population
- Chico Elks Lodge Holds ‘Hot August Day’ Car Show
- Stabbing near residential area leaves 1 man injured