Deputies in Shasta County are searching for a man suspected in an assault and shooting in Anderson.
The Shasta County Sheriff's Office says Robert Willis Slavens, 42, was arrested for assaulting a Christopher Meagher, 42, in Anderson. Authorties say Tuesday at 10 p.m., deputies responded to Shasta Regional Medical Center for a report of a gunshot victim. There, Meagher told deputies he was assaulted earlier in the evening at his home on Andrea Way. Meagher identified one of the suspects as Slavens, his neighbors. He also said there was another suspect in the assault, but could not identify him. Meaghan told investigators Slavens and the unidentified man arrived at his home, both armed with firearms, and assaulted him. Meaghan was ultimately shot once during the strugged. The would was non-life threatening.
Deputies actively searched for Slavens, and received a tip that he was at a home on First Street in Anderson. The owner of the home was found to be on probation. At 4:42 p.m. Wednesday, deputies conducted a probation search, finding Slavens inside the home. Slavens was arrested and taken into custody, without incident. He was transported to the Shasta County Jail and booked on charges of Assault with a Deadly Weapon/Firearm, Criminal Threats, Brandishing of a Firearm, Battery on a Person, and Violation of Probation.
The second, unidentified suspect in the case is still on the run. Anyone with information about the man's identity or whereabouts is asked to call the Shasta County Sheriff's Office at (530) 245-6540.
- Shooting suspect on the run in Anderson, one man arrested
- Suspect identified in Anderson officer-involved shooting
- Anderson police arrest suspected porch pirate
- Oroville shooting suspects arrested
- Anderson armed robbery suspect identified
- UPDATE: SCSO female suspect in Anderson shooting found
- Three suspects in an attempted burglary arrested in Anderson
- Arson Suspect Arrested in Connection to Anderson Fires
- Suspect Arrested in Oroville Shooting
- Chico Police Arrest Shooting Suspects