CITY OF SHASTA LAKE, Calif. - Sunday morning in the City of Shasta Lake a resident reported that someone rang their doorbell and tried to open their front door as part of what they believed to be an attempted burglary. The home was location the area of Bloomsbury Ave.
Deputies responded but could not locate a suspect.
Less than an hour later a burglar alarm went off at a home on Page Court in the City of Shasta Lake. A deputy on the way to the call observed a person matching the description of the suspicious subject seen earlier on Bloomsbury Ave.
The officer discovered the suspect was on probation for prior theft and drug-related offenses and was carrying a concealed handgun in his waistband.
19-year-old Jonathan Dejesus Hurtado was also in possession of property that was connected to the home on Page Court, which deputies discovered had been burglarized. Shasta County Sheriff's deputies found the sliding glass door at the rear of the residence had been broken and that is where they believe the burglar made entry.
Deputies contacted the resident who then came back to the home to see what happened and to talk to responding officers. The resident confirmed that the handgun and other property in Hurtado's possession belonged to them. The resident also shared surveillance video showing Hurtado at their home.
Deputies said they determined that Hurtado forced entry into the home and stole the items. He was then arrested and taken to the Shasta County Jail where he was booked on charges of first degree burglary, possession of the concealed firearm, violation of probation and possession of a controlled substance and paraphernalia.
- Arrest made after burglary and attempted burglary in City of Shasta Lake
- Arrest Made in Major Dunsmuir Burglary Case
- Redding Residential Burglary Arrest
- Shasta Lake Drug Arrest
- Chico Transient Arrested for Burglary
- Chico High Burglary Suspect Arrested
- Marysville Police Arrest Burglary Suspect
- Shasta County Sheriff's Office: Three Arrested in Firearms Burglary
- Police Arrest Three Burglary Suspects in Mount Shasta
- Shasta County Sheriff's Office Burglary and Drug Arrest