RED BLUFF, Calif. - The Red Bluff Police Department has identified a suspect who they say murdered a 52-year-old man in August of 2020 at FoodMaxx.
On Aug. 3, Red Bluff PD said a suspect and victim were arguing outside the FoodMaxx on 94 Belle Mill Road. Police said the suspect fired a single shot and the victim made his way into the store where he collapsed. The victim was transported from Food Max to St. Elizabeth Hospital where he died.
Red Bluff Police Department said they have identified, Elfego Chavez Acevedo, as the suspect who murdered the victim in this case.
Acevedo is wanted for murder and is believed to be armed and dangerous, according to police. Acevedo is believed to be in hiding in the Rancho Tehama area but has also been spotted in Corning.
The Red Bluff Police Department is seeking the assistance of anyone who may have knowledge or information regarding Elfuego Chavez Acevedo’s location.
Police describe Acevedo as a 36-year-old, Hispanic Male, 5’09”, Brown/Brown, 180-200 pounds, stocky build. He has several tattoos that police also released details on including:
- Upper right shoulder and bicep area- Aztec Princess with the letters, “T” “C” on it
- Right forearm- the word “Emmalynn”
- Left shoulder- skull (in light/faded ink)
- Upper back- the word “Acevedo” (in light/faded ink lettering)
- Upper back of neck- the word “Lauri”
- Upper right chest- the word “Emelia”
- Upper left chest- the word “Hector”
- Lower left chest- the word “Lauri”
- Stomach onto right side- the word “Locos”
- Lower stomach (under belly button)- the words “Mia Amor Lauri”
A $5,000 reward has been posted for information leading to the arrest and conviction of Acevedo through Tehama County Secret Witness. Individuals with information are encouraged to call the Red Bluff Police Department at 530-527-3131 or Tehama County Secret Witness at 530-529-1268 and may remain anonymous.