Updated 7:03 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 6, 2018 - The Chico clerk who was robbed at gunpoint Saturday night is sharing his terrifying experience.
Oscar Guillen was working at Nord Avenue Market around 8:45 p.m. Saturday night when a man wearing a mask walked in and waved a gun at him, demanding cash.
Guillen says he gave the man money. He took the cash and then ran south on Nord, according to Guillen.
Hours earlier, Guillen sent his friend a text, saying he expected the store would get robbed any day.
"Coming to work knowing you're going to get robbed any day, that's bad," he said.
"I knew what he wanted, and just complied, gave him what he wanted," Guillen added.
Chico police say this crime is very similar to some other recent crimes in Chico.
Guillen says the robber pointed a snub-nosed revolver at him.
The suspect was wearing all black and was about six feet tall. He was white and had light blue or green eyes.
There have been several armed robberies in Chico in recent weeks. All of them occurred after sundown, and all were on main arteries through Chico.
CHICO, Calif. - The Chico Police Department said they received a report of an armed robbery at the Nord Avenue Market in the 400 block of Nord Avenue.
An unknown male suspect entered the store and brandished a handgun, demanding money.
the owner described the suspect as a white male wearing black or dark clothing. They said the suspect had his face covered with a mask.
The suspect left the business quickly with an undisclosed amount of cash.
Anyone with information regarding the incident is asked to contact the Chico Police Department at (530) 897-4911.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS IN THIS STORY BY ANCHOR CECILE JULIETTE. Cecile points out in the story the similarities of this robbery to other recent Chico robberies.
- Clerk at Nord Ave. Market Speaks Out About Weekend Robbery
- Nord Ave. crash leaves Chico pedestrian in critical condition
- Chico police investigating stabbing on Nord Avenue
- Nord Avenue stabbing suspect to enter plea
- Pie is the star of Nord Country School Annual Benefit
- 3 story apartment fire at Nord Avenue, displaces some residents
- Pie Auction to benefit Nord Country School Saturday
- Strong arm robbery at Thursday Night Market
- New apartments draw traffic and safety concerns for Chico's Nord Avenue
- Butte County Sheriff's Office lifts evacuation warnings in Nord and Richvale