(KPRC) Body acne can happen to teenagers, adults, men and women, and one dermatologist says a clothing trend is increasing your chances of getting it.
Dry fit, heat gear and moisture wicking athletic fabrics that make us feel good during workouts may be contributing.
"Cotton is very forgiving and breathable but all these new fibers can be occlusive and firm to the skin," says Dr. Sherry Ingraham.
Ingraham says anyone who wears a sports bra is at risk.
"They'll wear them all day, they'll wear them to the gym, come home and keep them on and so the sweat and debris is forced up against the skin and the skin can't breathe," Ingraham said.
Read more: http://bit.ly/2GgBysb
- Are Clothes Causing 'Bacne?'
- Clothing brand unveils 'Extreme Cut Out' jeans
- Macy's launches women's clothing line geared towards Muslims
- Delta Fire Causes School Closures
- Fallen tree causes power outage in Redding
- Big rig crash causes closure of I-5
- Coffee grounds can cause drainage issues
- North State Construction Could Cause Traffic Delays
- Cow Causes Major Interstate Closure in Kentucky
- UPDATE: Welding Causes Fire in Redding Dealership