The American Association of University Women (AAUW) of Chico are hosting "Grandma's Attic Appraisal Faire" on Sunday, February 25th from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Chico Women's Club. It's located at 592 East 3rd Street in Chico.
The event is a fundraiser for the Tech Trek STEM program for girls. It's been operating for 20 years, where girls going into 8th grade are given scholarships to attend a week of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math classes at U.C. Davis. They get to stay in the dorms, eat in the cafeteria and attend classes taught by women, in a camp run by women. The attendees are nominated by Math or Science teachers, fill out an application, write an essay and inre interviewed to determine who is awarded camp scholarships.
The Appraisal Fair benefit costs $8 per item. ( a matched set counts as one item). If your item is too large to transport, you can bring photographs.
Free coffee, tea and cookies will be provided.
For more information call (530) 891-3489 (the number that appeared on the Noon News interview graphic is incorrect). You can also visit www.facebook.com/GrandmasAtticAppraisals.
- Appraisal Faire in Chico to benefit AAUW's Tech Trek
- AAUW Women's History Month Tea benefits Tech Trek students
- Appraisal fair held to fund 'Tech Trek Camp'
- Oroville AAUW Plans Benefit Garden Party
- Butte County Auditor to Speak at AAUW Luncheon
- AAUW Offers STEM Adventuure for Middle-School Girls
- Fundraiser to Benefit Chico Toddler Fighting Cancer
- NASA orbiter spots 'Star Trek' symbol on Mars
- Chico Science Fair is coming soon
- Masqueerade Ball to benefit Stonewall Alliance in Chico