Photo Gallery 7 Images
THE MOON - "The eagle has landed!" Those famous words were spoken 49 years ago Friday by Neil Armstrong after he and Buzz Aldrin became the first men to walk on the moon.
It was a milestone moment in space exploration, when the American astronauts planted the U.S. flag on the moon's surface in 1969.
NASA's Apollo 11 mission marked a triumphant moment for mankind and launched a series of other missions to outer space.
Today, America is moving away from manned missions in favor of robots, and just this week, Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos' company, Blue Origin, completed another successful space tourism test in Texas.
The company hopes to ferry civilians to the edge of space by the end of the year.
Check out the video, and the photo gallery for some nostalgic recollections of the Apollo 11 mission
- Apollo 11 Anniversary
- 1 year anniversary of Oroville Spillway Crisis
- One-Year Anniversary of the Wall Fire
- CARD Celebrates 70th Anniversary With Party
- Peg Taylor Center celebrates anniversary and 5k
- Community party held to reflect Oroville spillway anniversary
- 90th Anniversary Celebration planned for Oroville State Theatre
- 5th anniversary of Boston Marathon Bombing, memorial held
- One-Year Anniversary of White Nationalist Rallies in Charlottesville
- A Survivor Speaks: Las Vegas Mass Shooting Anniversary