This is the 14th year for Summer Camp at the Valene L. Smith Museum of Anthropology at Chico State, with different topics each week.
This week it's "Superheroes". Next week it's "History's Mysteries"... a race against time to solve the mysteries of the past. It will feature escape room techniques and shipwreck archaeology.
Museum Curator Adrienne Scott said during an interview on Action News Now at Noon that the camps are designed to expose the fun stuff about history, with lots of crafts and activities. She said, "Anthropology is about how humans interact with the planet and it promotes better stewardship."
Kids will learn all about sharks and the ocean during Shark Week, from July 23rd - 26th. And they will experience adventures found inside favorite books like Harry Potter and the Magic Treehouse during "Locked in the Library" week from July 30th - August 2nd.
There are still spots available. Contact (530) 898-5397 or visit www.csuchico.edu\anthmuseum.
- Anthropology Museum Offers Unique Summer Camps
- The Local Table to Benefit Anthropology Museum
- I Heart Anthropology Week Starts Saturday at Valene L. Smith Museum of Anthropology
- Chico State Anthropology Dept. helps identify Camp Fire victims
- The Local Table Wine and Food Tasting to benefit Anthropology Museum
- Spring offers up more Summer-like weather
- Bidwell Mansion offers Summer Program for Kids
- Chico State anthropology team helps identify bones of missing man since 1996
- PG&E offers apology to Camp Fire victims
- Soccer pros offer free Camp in Oroville