REDDING, Calif - What is Redding?
"I think what defines redding is the people that live here and the collaboration that is making everything possible," said Redding resident Todd Jones.
"Redding is an undiscovered jewel," said resident Linda Masterson.
To the residents the live here they see the potential in the city.
But for tourists, a quick google search of the city could also yield some undesirable results.
"They don't often get a positive picture," said Chamber of Commerce CEO Jake Mangas, "We think it's skewed from what the reality is."
That's why the Chamber of Commerce has been working tirelessly to start shining a light on the positives, and working on the city's identity.
"We are here next to this beautiful sundial bridge next to the Sacramento River, people friendly waving at eachother, riding bikes, pushing babies in strollers this is a great community and we need to show people," said Mangas.
In May, Action News Now spoke with Mangas who was excited about presenting his project to the City Council.
Now a month later, our reporter Elizabeth Zelidon met back up with Managas who just announced the project to the city.
Over the last month Managas tells Action News Now the committee has done a lot of work and is now looking at working with expert who will guide the city in telling its story.
"Ultimate is that we will have over 20 action items that can be impleted into our community. So it could be things like the search engine optimization, could be professional muralist that come into town, like litteraly paint the picture of the community in like a key place." said Mangas.
- Announcing the Redding Identity Project
- Redding City Identity Project Moves Forward with 10 Projects
- Identity Released of Pedestrian Killed by Train in Redding
- Red Bluff Woman Arrested for Forgery and Identity Theft
- Redding Announces Cannabis Business Approval
- Jail Bed Expansion Project Approved in Redding
- Anderson Police: Identity Thief Facing Federal Charges
- Major Sewer Project Gets Underway in Redding, Could Cause Delays
- Quartz Hill Road Improvement Project Begins in Redding
- Sewer Project Closes Parts of Churn Creek Road in Redding