ANDERSON, Calif. - An Anderson man was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon, deputies said he shot at his neighbor on Sunday.
62-year-old Charles Anderson II is accused of firing shots in the direction of his neighbor on Balls Ferry road around 6:30 p.m. on Sunday.
The neighbor said he could see the muzzle flashes from Anderson's firearm and he was hiding behind a trailer while talking to the 911 dispatcher. He told deputies he was not injured from the gunfire, but he could still hear gunshots coming from Anderson's property.
Shortly after, deputies arrived at Anderson's home and called him out from his home, detaining him in handcuffs. Anderson's wife was also contacted and confirmed Anderson was intoxicated and shooting a firearm prior to deputies' arrival.
Deputies said Anderson was intoxicated, and they confiscated a .38 caliber revolver and spent cartridges from an open field where the shots were being fired.
Anderson was transported to the Shasta County Jail for booking, Deputies said.
- Anderson man arrested for assault with deadly weapon
- Chico Man Arrested for Assault with a Deadly Weapon
- Manton man arrested for assault with a deadly weapon
- Corning woman arrested for assault with a deadly weapon
- Humboldt County sheriff deputies arrest man for assault with deadly weapon
- Shasta County man arrested for elder abuse, assault with deadly weapon
- Police arrest Anderson man for deadly traffic collision
- Anderson Man Sentenced for Assault on Officer
- Man Arrested After Locking Himself in Bathroom with Weapon
- Maryland GOP candidate raffles off AR-15 assault weapon