ANDERSON, Calif. - A former Anderson New Tech High School teacher was arrested on Sept. 12 on suspicion of having an inappropriate relationship with a student.
The Anderson Police Department said that they received a report on Sept. 7 of an inappropriate relationship from the district about Daniel Schafer, 35, of Redding and a student. They did not disclose any specific details about the allegations.
According to the release, the alleged crimes occurred in Redding and Anderson, so Anderson Police conducted an investigation with the Redding Police Department and the Shasta County District Attorney's Office.
It is unknown whether Schafer still holds a teaching position within the district.
Superintendent Tim Azevedo said Schafer no longer works at Anderson New Tech High School.
"Mr. Schafer was a teacher and he is not currently employed with the district. We have no additional comments," he said.
Schafer was booked into Shasta County Jail with bail set at $100,000.
- Anderson Teacher Arrested on Suspicion of Relationship With Student
- Dennis Rodman arrested on suspicion of DUI
- CHP officer arrested on suspicion of raping 12-year-old girl
- 49ers linebacker jailed on suspicion of domestic assault
- 16 arrested during Anderson warrant sweep
- Anderson police arrest suspected porch pirate
- Anderson teacher sentenced for sex abuse of minor
- Three suspects in an attempted burglary arrested in Anderson
- Anderson man arrested for theft and firing handgun
- Shooting suspect on the run in Anderson, one man arrested