UPDATE 10:48 a.m. Friday, January 3, 2020 - The Anderson Police Department Detective Division has identified a suspect from a Walmart bomb threat that resulted in a loss of $19,000 worth in sales and employee compensation for the store.
The Anderson Walmart received a bomb threat on November 16, 2019, that resulted in the evacuation of Walmart and the other stores located in the shopping center, officers said.
The store was cleared by Anderson Police Officers and the bomb threat was determined to be a hoax.
Walmart management determined the store was safe to re-open to the general public, officers said.
As a direct result of the bomb threat, Walmart estimated to have suffered approximately $19,000 worth of loss in sales and employee compensation, according to authorities.
Since then, the Anderson Police Department Detective Division has been investigating potential leads.
Detectives said they were able to identify the caller to be a 14-year-old juvenile located out of Fayetteville, North Carolina.
The suspect later confessed to detectives for placing the call. During the investigation, the caller placed blocked phone calls to over 20 Walmart Stores located throughout the country, detectives said.
However, no other Walmart store reported receiving a bomb threat at the time the calls were made.
Due to the suspect’s age, no information will be released on the juvenile’s identity, detectives said.
The Anderson Police Department said they will be filing felony charges against the juvenile with the Shasta County D.A.'s Office.
ANDERSON, Calif- On Nov. 16, just after 7 a.m., the Anderson Walmart received a bomb threat from an unknown caller.
The Anderson Police Department, the Anderson Fire Department, medical personnel and CHP responded to the incident.
The Walmart and surrounding businesses were evacuated for safety concerns.
Officers from the Anderson Police Department cleared the Walmart and CHP assisted with road closures.
Officers determined the call was fictitious.