ANDERSON, Calif. - A father and son were arrested after a fight broke out on their property, which according to Anderson Police, was well known for illegal activity.
Police say Monday night around 7 p.m. officers received calls about a disturbance and a gunshot at a home on Pinon Avenue.
When they arrived, they encountered seven people who were detained in the front yard. As they began to investigate, they discovered that there had been a verbal fight between multiple people on the front lawn. A man identified as Donald Taylor-Killstrom had gone inside and grabbed his shotgun. He fired a single round into the air to stop the fight, causing some of the people involved to flee before law enforcement arrived.
When police searched the house, they found multiple firearms, ammunition and large amounts of drug paraphernalia. They also discovered deplorable conditions. Trash was littered all over the interior and backyard, and there were numerous health hazards and building code violations.
Taylor-Killstrom’s father, Donald Killstrom, was arrested for a felony violation of maintaining a residence for the purpose of using illegal drugs. Taylor-Killstrom was arrested for maintaining a residence for the purpose of using illegal drugs, being a prohibited person in possession of a firearm, and negligent discharge of a firearm, all of which are felony violations. Jeannie Stephen who was also on the property was cited and released on a misdemeanor warrant. All other people present were interviewed and released.
The house has been deemed uninhabitable by the Anderson Police Department, Anderson’s Building Department, and the city’s Fire Department.
- Anderson Police: Father and Son Arrested on Gun and Drug Charges
- Redding Gun And Drug Arrest
- Father, Son Shooting in Oroville
- Anderson Traffic Stop Finds Felon with Drugs and Gun
- Anderson Man Arrested for Pulling a Fake Gun
- Impressive K-9 from Anderson Police
- Police Arrest Man for Chasing Woman from Redding to Anderson
- Anderson Police Unit Makes 13 Arrests in One Night
- 16 arrested during Anderson warrant sweep
- Oroville Police Arrest 2 After Drug Bust