Photo Gallery 3 Images
Anderson, Calif.—Officers with the Anderson Police Department responded to the 1600 block of Mill Street for a report of man with a gun.
When officers arrived they contacted the reporting party who told them the man had honked his horn, and held up a gun at a car that was partially blocking his driveway.
The man in the car was identified as Richard Lafond, age 58 of Anderson.
Anderson Middle School was placed on lockdown due to its close proximity to the incident.
Officers set up around the home and made several announcements over the patrol car loudspeaker.
Three people exited the home including Lafond.
Lafond was positively identified by the victim.
Lafond was taken into custody without further incident and Anderson Middle School was taken off lockdown.
Lafond then told police that he did not have a handgun, but an airsoft pistol under the front seat of his car.
The airsoft pistol had no orange markings to indicate it was not real.
Lafond was transported to the Shasta County Jail and booked for drawing or exhibiting an imitation gun.
Stay with Action News Now for Coverage you can Count On. SIGN UP: Get our daily newsletter
- Anderson Man Arrested for Pulling a Fake Gun
- Man arrested for biking through Redding park with fake gun
- Anderson man arrested for theft and firing handgun
- Shooting suspect on the run in Anderson, one man arrested
- Anderson Police Arrest Man on Butte County's Most Wanted List
- Police Arrest Man for Chasing Woman from Redding to Anderson
- 16 arrested during Anderson warrant sweep
- Anderson police arrest suspected porch pirate
- Anderson Police: Father and Son Arrested on Gun and Drug Charges
- Anderson Traffic Stop Finds Felon with Drugs and Gun