ANDERSON, Calif - A lucky couple at Grocery Outlet in Anderson had their entire cart full of groceries paid for on Saturday afternoon.
It happened at about 2 p.m. when the owners decided to pay it forward and thank their customers.
They say they've heard of store owners doing this before and wanted to show their appreciation with a random act of kindness.
The owners walked up to this couple and paid for their $208 purchase.
And the couple -- well they were shocked, to say the least.
“Amazing we come here a lot. This is awesome thank you guys very much!” said Ryan Owens, a recipient of the kind act.
“Our gratitude to everyone that comes to us and shops you pass it on,” said Matt Gallier, one of the owners of the Anderson Grocery Outlet.
“I want to do it again, it makes me want to cry,” said Ashley Gallier, one of the owners of the Anderson Grocery Outlet.
The owners say they love this community and hope to do more kind acts soon.
- Anderson Grocery Outlet pays it forward for one lucky couple
- Grocery Outlet opens in Redding
- Anderson Community Comes Together to Help Co-Owner of Grocery Outlet
- Grocery Outlet Robbery Suspect Initiates Foot Pursuit, Fights with Employee
- Redding Grocery Outlet Hopes to Gain ‘Independence from Hunger’
- Girls battling cancer pay it forward
- Chico Group gets Lucky Few Tattoos
- The future of grocery shopping
- Recent Wildfires Impacting Grocery Stores
- Lulus to Open an Outlet Shop in Downtown Chico