Amtrak officials say they are ready to accommodate additional passengers for holiday travel.
Amtrak carried more than 760,000 passengers throughout its national network during the thanksgiving travel period last year, and similar customer counts, if not more, are expected this year.
Amtrak says its offering more features this season to accommodate the surge of passengers and that security of the traveling public is a top priority.
Amtrak encourages passengers to avoid the rush and arrive early double check schedules, and always remain alert of station surroundings.
- Amtrak ready to accommodate holiday travelers
- Holiday travel, airport impacts
- Thanksgiving Holiday Travel Guide
- Fourth of July Holiday Travel
- Action News Now Holiday Travel Guide
- Gas prices and holiday travel plans
- Amtrak Train Collides with Car, Killing One
- Stranded Amtrak train passengers arrive in Eugene
- Cal Fire warns of wet winter conditions during holiday travel
- High speed Amtrak train derails near Tacoma, Wash.