The North State Symphony Kicks off it's new season with " American Made" in Chico and Redding.
The Symphony performs Saturday, September 29th at 7:30 p.m. in Laxson Auditorium on the CSU, Chico Campus and Sunday, September 30th at 2 p.m. at the Cascade Theatre in Redding.
Maestro and Musical Director Scott Seaton told Linda Watkins-Bennett during an interview on Action News Now at Noon that "American Made" will feature the works of two of our country's most iconic composers, Leonard Bernstein and Aaron Copland. He described the concert as featuring hints of "square dancing, jazz and boogie woogie ... really everything in one."
"Project Trio" will also join the Symphony to perform "Scatter", by Adam Schoenberg and other favorites.
You can hear from Seaton and Project Trio in person during pre-concert talks an hour before the start of each performance.
Meanwhile, the Season Kick off Prelude Party takes place at Chico's "Wine Time" on Sunday, September 23rd at 6 p.m. It features live music by riomarole, hors d'oeuvres and a preview of the upcoming concert season.
Tickets to the Party are $35 in advance online or $40 at the door.
Tickets to the Concerts are available through the Symphony website at www.northstatesymphony.org.
- "American Made" is North State Symphony Opener
- Frugal House to benefit North State Symphony
- North State Symphony showcases new artists
- North Sate Symphony gets a loud surprise
- North State Symphony Final Performances of the Season this Weekend
- North State Symphony performs "Infectious Rhythms" this weekend
- Paradise Symphony to perform in Oroville and Paradise
- 'March for the First Responders" debuts at Paradise symphony performances
- North State Halloween Costumes