CHICO, Calif. - Excitement is building in Chico for the big Almond Bowl football games between cross-town rivals Chico Senior High School and Pleasant Valley High School.
Part of that excitement is the big drawing at half-time, for a new Nissan Sentra donated by Chico Nissan. $20 raffle tickets for a chance to win the car will be sold through the first quarter of the game, which takes place on Friday, Oct. 26. The Varsity game begins at 7 p.m.
It's a fundraiser for the athletics programs at both high schools and raises about 70 percent of their total budget.
You can purchase as many raffle tickets as you want but often, the winners have purchased just one ticket. Tax and license fees are also paid for.
Tickets are available at Chico Nissan.
Friday will also mark the inaugural Almond Bowl Game at Chico Senior High School's new football stadium.
- Almond Bowl Car Giveaway Friday
- 2018 Nissan Almond Bowl Car Giveaway Underway
- Chico High reacts to Almond Bowl victory
- ICYMI: Almond Board Predicts Record Almond Crop
- Almond crop numbers expected to be down
- Frost advisory, winter weather threatens almonds
- Butte County Annual Bike Giveaway
- Early warming trend not a problem for almonds - yet
- Subfreezing weather wreaks havoc on local almond orchards
- North state almond crop size could threaten economy