The Almanor Ranger District of the Lassen National Forrest announced they are looking for volunteer campground hosts several locations.
The host season could start as soon as April and may last until October.
The host duties will include welcoming visitors, sharing news and information about recreational opportunities in the area, and light campground maintenance.
Hosts needed for Almanor North, Almanor South, Domingo Springs, Elam, and Battle Creek campgrounds are all located in Chester, California.
All hosts receive a free campsite, propane or electricity and other amenities depending on the campground selected. Hosts must provide their own self-contained RV or trailer and personal vehicle.
If you are interested in becoming a Forest Service campground host and would like to know more about this program, contact one of the two people below:
- Almanor Ranger District seeking summer campground hosts
- Covelo ranger district office closing
- Park Ranger Safety Tips for Hitting the Parks this Summer
- Lake Almanor boat ramp closing for the winter
- Highway 89 Closed at Lake Almanor for Bridge Replacement Project
- WATCH VIDEO: Traffic safety issues at Lake Almanor's Spillway Bridge
- Snow near Lake Almanor twice as deep as normal
- Former State Parks Ranger Sentenced
- California State Parks Rangers Graduate
- Lassen National Forest Eagle Lake Ranger District temporarily closed for fuelwood cutting