REDDING, Calif. - A Redding man on Saturday allegedly rammed his car through a power pole and some fences, causing a road closure for several hours, all while driving under the influence, said the Redding Police Department.
According to RPD, officers were sent to a solo vehicle crash at the area of Mistletoe Lane and Shasta Pines Way at about 8:43 p.m.
Arriving officers found Christian Serratos, 21, of Redding after bystanders said he was trapped in his 2013 Kia Optima, which was upside down.
Investigators said Serratos was driving westbound on Mistletoe Lane when he hit a barrier near the front of Mistletoe Elementary School.
Serratos then hit several fences on the north side of the roadway and caused a power pole to break in half, according to RPD.
The broken pole did not cause a power outage, but it did leave Mistletoe Lane closed for several hours while Redding Electric Utility worked to replace the pole.
Serratos admitted to officers that he drank before driving and was later arrested and booked for driving under the influence and driving on a suspended license.
No one was injured during the crash.
- Alleged DUI Driver Overturns Car, Causes Property Damage in Redding
- DUI Driver Leaves Redding Traffic Sign Damaged: Police
- Suspected DUI Driver Rear-Ends Redding Police Car
- Suspected DUI driver rams LA patrol cars
- Driver damages multiple cars before being arrested in Redding
- Redding DUI Hit and Run
- Suspected DUI Driver Dies After Jumping Off Bridge: Redding PD
- UPDATE: DUI driver runs red light causing multi-car accident in Chico
- Suspected DUI driver arrested in Chico
- Suspected DUI driver hits police car while officer has another car pulled over