(CNN) -- Actor Alec Baldwin was arrested and charged for assault and harassment Friday following a dispute over a parking spot, according to New York police.
NYPD Lieutenant John Grimpel told CNN the incident occurred on 10th Street in Manhattan.
A 49-year-old man sustained an injury to the left jaw after being punched and was taken to a local area hospital to be treated, according to police. He's in stable condition, police added.
Baldwin was charged with assault and harassment and given a desk appearance ticket, the NYPD said.
In addition to portraying president Donald Trump on "Saturday Night Live," Baldwin currently hosts a Sunday talk show on ABC, called "The Alec Baldwin Show."
A representative for Baldwin had no comment when reached by CNN.
As he was heading to a campaign event on Friday, President Trump was asked about Baldwin's arrest. In response, Trump shrugged his shoulders and said, "I wish him luck."
Baldwin will appear in court at a later date, according to the NYPD.
- Alec Baldwin Arrested, Charged with Assault in New York
- Redding masseuse arrested on sexual assault charges
- Redding hate crime & assault arrest
- Chico Doctor Arrested: Charged with Sexually Assaulting Patient
- Daniel Baldwin Offers Support After Mass-Overdose in Chico
- Redding man arrested for assaulting, threatening officers
- Chico Police: Suspect Arrested in Guitar Assault
- Deputy Assaulted, Two Men Arrested in Magalia
- Humboldt County shopping center sexual assault arrest
- New York Uber driver charged with kidnapping 15-year-old girl