CHICO, Calif - On Tuesday, Oct. 29 the Airport Commission is set to discuss the future of the Chico Airport.
One of the items they are looking at is re-branding the airport, but it is contingent on airline service returning back to Chico.
The commission is trying to get local interest from not only Chico, but also the surrounding cities.
Mike Antolock, who is part of the commission says, one way it is thinking of achieving that is by changing the name of the airport.
"Right now, the airport is the Chico Municipal Airport and we would like ways to research to make it more of a regional airport," said Antolock.
Antolock says changing the name might make people from surrounding cities feel more included, hopefully bringing their business to the airport.
The meeting on Oct. 29 will be covering all the plans with the airport.
- Airport Commission looking at enhancing Chico Airport
- Airport Commission to Talk Hanger Upgrade Takeovers
- Chico City Council Removes Chico Airport Commissioner
- Holiday travel, airport impacts
- Emergency landing at the Chico airport
- Chico and Oroville Airports Receive Repair Grants
- New Developments in DOT Funding for Chico Airport Taxiway
- Chico City Council Votes to Remove An Airport Commissioner
- Public Safety for Paradise High School at Chico Municipal Airport
- More Congestion Could be Coming Into Chico Municipal Airport