The US Air Force has a new addition to the veteran’s cemetery in Igo.
After weeks of hard work, Steve Trammell is now presenting the air force with this special monument for Veterans Day.
Hundreds came out to the dedication ceremony on Saturday at the Northern California veteran’s cemetery.
The dedication was a project that has taken more than six years to complete.
It started with an idea -- to create monuments to honor all those who have served or are currently serving in the five branches of armed services.
That’s when veteran Steve Trammell was invited into the project.
And he along with his eagle iron works staff in Anderson got to work.
And now six weeks later the team turned this, into this.
A globe with the talons of the air force bird that turns into a plane.
It's sitting on top of a block that displays the air force song, moto, and other valuable information.
The monument was presented after regularly scheduled events at the veteran cemetery on Saturday.
With this introduction, “a soldier can walk the battlefield in which he once fought, a marine can walk the beaches he once stormed, but an airman can never visit the patch of sky he raced across on a mission to defend freedom."
Followed by bagpipes that led everyone here to the ribbon cutting.
"I just feel thankful that it's over with. We had a good project and we had good support and I thank god for all of us to be here," Trammell said.
Those in attendance were just as amazed at the monument.
"It’s incredible they brought the community together with such great ironworkers,” said Jim Price.
Veterans Affairs officials say they still need help raising funds to pay for the monument.
- Air force monument unveiled in Igo
- Igo Fire Department: "Time to evacuate"
- Lower Fire in Igo reaches 100% containment
- Forward progress stopped on Ranch Fire in Igo
- Air Force Identifies Thunderbirds Pilot who Died
- Air Spray Fire Tanker Forced Landing
- Apple unveils new iPad Air and iPad mini
- Wreaths Across America Wreath-laying at Northern California Veterans Cemetery in Igo
- Veterans Cemetery Could be Getting New Monument
- Chico Mayor unveils "Community Court"