OROVILLE, Calif. - A 10.7-acre fire on Larkin Road by the Afterbay in Oroville was started by a car.
Officials say just before 5 p.m., a 28-year-old Gridley woman was driving south on Larkin Road when she overcorrected and lost control of the car.
The car came to a stop in a field and when the woman saw flames coming from the bottom of her car, she ran out and called 911.
Cal Fire and CHP have both confirmed the cause of the fire was the woman's Suburu Forester.
No structures were destroyed.
- Afterbay fire started by car, says Cal Fire and CHP
- Cal Fire
- 50K Steelhead Trout released into Thermalito Afterbay
- CHP: Shots fired at PG&E car in Colusa County
- CAL FIRE: Fire safety tips for Thanksgiving
- CAL FIRE responds to Richardson Fire
- Cal Fire Working to Detect Lighting Fires
- Cal Fire: 1-Acre Fire at Stirling City
- Cal Fire Extinguishes Magalia Structure Fire
- Cal Fire extinguishes Magalia house fire