OROVILLE, Calif. - The Oroville Dam spillway crisis and repair work has had a big impact on recreation on Lake Oroville. Now state agencies are trying to make up for it.
The Department of Water Resources (DWR) and California State Parks are going to offer free day-use and boat launching at Lake Oroville on several select days this summer.
Fees will be waived to all visitors on the following days:
- May 17 and 18
- June 7 and 8
- July 5 and 6
- August 2 and 3
- September 6 and 7
Officials hope waiving the fees will help bring people back to the lake.
- Admission Free Days at Lake Oroville This Summer
- Lake Oroville Spillway Update
- Lake Oroville ready for Labor Day Weekend
- No plans to use Lake Oroville's main spillway this summer
- FEMA housing impact on Lake Oroville summer recreation minimal
- Lake Oroville houseboats stuck ashore
- Lake Oroville Spillways Construction Update
- All National Parks Offering Free Admission to Public on Saturday
- Turtle Bay Offers Free Admission to Museum Sunday
- Warmer Weather Attracts Many to Lake Oroville