Be prepared for more active weather before you head out the door this morning. Rain and snow are expected across our region today, with the majority of the active weather expected in the mountains. Scattered showers and thunderstorms will be possible in the valley through the day. Snow levels will stay relatively low, and are expected to range from 2500' to 3000' through Saturday. There is a chance snow could fall as low as the valley in Redding again over the next couple of days but that does not look likely elsewhere in the valley. A Winter Storm Warning will stay in place for the Shasta County mountains, and Northern Mountains through 4am Saturday, and that warning will stay in place through 4am Sunday in the Sierra and Southern Cascades. A Flood Warning will be in effect for the valley and foothills through this afternoon. Temperatures have dipped into the high 30's to mid 40's in the valley overnight, and into the 20's to 30's in the mountains this morning. Winds will be out of the Southeast up to 25mph, with gusts up to 35mph through this afternoon. High temperatures are projected to top out in the high 40's to mid 50's in the valley today, with 30's to 40's in the mountains.
Showers will be possible through the weekend. Mountain showers will be very likely through Sunday. Valley areas will have a chance for light and scattered showers over the next few days. Snow levels will dip to below 1000' again on Sunday morning, but moisture will be fairly limited by that time. Looks like we will see another chance for snow in Redding on Sunday morning. Temperatures will not chance much through the weekend, but overnight low temperatures will likey be a little cooler than the last several mornings. Sunny skies return to all of Northern California for the start of next week. Looks like we can expect dry weather through Wednesday morning, but there will be a chance for more wet weather returning after that.
- Active weather continues for your Friday
- Very active weather ahead for your Friday
- Very active weather ahead for your Wednesday
- Dry and Mild Weather Continues
- Mild today, but cooler and active weather is ahead
- Getting warmer with more active weather ahead for your Monday
- Mostly dry today, but more active weather is ahead
- Staying pleasant today, but active weather is ahead
- Stayind mild today, but very active weather is ahead
- Very active & windy weather ahead for your Thursday