CHICO, Calif. - Local advocates for abortion rights rallied at the Chico City Plaza on Tuesday, April 21.
The protest followed the recent passing of laws passed by various states that dramatically restrict access to abortions.
Those who were at the protest held signs reading, "Our Bodies, Our Power" and "Healthcare is a Human Right!"
"My granddaughters should not have to fight for something we have already fought for," said protestor Colleen Silva.
"I believe every human being should have the autonomous right to do what they choose with their bodies," said Carrie Gordon, a rally participant.
Nationwide, anti-abortion rights groups have shown opposition to the protest.
- Abortion rights advocates rally in Chico City Plaza
- Chico Police Searching for Suspect in City Plaza Assault
- Chico police arrest 2 transient men during fight in Chico city plaza
- Chico Ramada Plaza Collects Money for Carr Fire Relief Efforts
- Official Tally Shows Big Win For Abortion Rights in Ireland
- Pasta on the Plaza to Benefit Boys and Girls Club
- Boys and Girls Club host annual "Pasta on the Plaza"
- Victim Assistance Bureau Honors Advocates, Recognizes Victims
- Chico City Council Removes Chico Airport Commissioner