Butte College President Dr. Samia Yaqub will be the Keynote Speaker at the upcoming AAUW Women's History Month Luncheon and Tea in Oroville on Saturday, March 10th.
The Oroville Chapter of the American Association of University Women hosts the event as a fundraiser for scholarships for 8th grade girls to attend the Tech Trek camp at U.C. davis. Tech Trek is a week-long science and math camp held each summer, where participants get to learn about dorm life and attend daily core classes in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. These are careers that have traditionally been pursued by men more than women, yet they pay very well. Teachers at the camp are all women and evening programs feature presentations by women successfully working in fields like astronomy, environmental studies and others.
The Oroville AAUW will be sponsoring 5 girls to the camp this year, at a cost of about $500 each.
The tea and salad luncheon will take place at the Trinity Presbyterian Church, located at 2350 Foothill Blvd in Oroville. It starts at Noon and features a wide variety of homemade salads, and tea served in a collection of beautiful teapots.
Tickets are $20 and can be purchased at the door, or from any AAUW member. You can also call (530) 533-5577.
- AAUW Women's History Month Tea benefits Tech Trek students
- Appraisal Faire in Chico to benefit AAUW's Tech Trek
- Oroville AAUW Plans Benefit Garden Party
- Appraisal fair held to fund 'Tech Trek Camp'
- Holiday Tea and Fashion Show Benefit at Patrick Ranch
- Butte County Auditor to Speak at AAUW Luncheon
- AAUW Offers STEM Adventuure for Middle-School Girls
- Oroville students gather for National History Day
- CARD Hosting Mother’s Day Tea in the Rose Garden
- CARD to Host Mother's Day Tea in Rose Garden