BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - A woman was sent to the hospital with injuries Monday morning after smashing into a truck on Highway 99 south of Chico.
The crash happened Monday morning just after 7 a.m. at the Biggs highway turnoff.
The truck driver that was hit told Action News Now that a woman in a compact car was traveling at about 40 miles an hour when she hit him as he was stopped at the intersection.
The woman was hospitalized, but no one else was injured.
It is unknown whether the crash is weather-related, but the California Highway Patrol is urging people to slow down and use caution because of rain-slick roads.
- Woman hospitalized after Highway 99 accident
- Woman hospitalized after crash on Highway 99
- Highway 99 increased collisions
- Woman Fights off Kidnapper on Highway 99
- Highway 99 Reopens After Flooding
- Distraught woman saved from Highway 99 overpass in Chico
- Highway 99 shutdown due to suicidal man
- Victim Identified in Highway 99 Crash
- Car Catches Fire on Highway 99
- Victim Identified in Deadly Highway 99 Crash