ANDERSON, Calif.- On Nov. 15, Shasta County Sheriff's Office conducted a traffic stop that led to a drug arrest.
Officials say they pulled over a vehicle on Happy Valley Road near Happy Valley Market. In the vehicle was a female driver and a male passenger named Keith Schatek.
While deputies searched Schatek, a K-9 officer alerted them to the presence of a controlled substance inside the vehicle.
Deputies searched the vehicle and found 1.4 pounds of packaged methamphetamine within a hidden compartment of a tote bag. They also found approximately 7 pounds of processed and packaged marijuana inside of a luggage bag. Both bags were inside the trunk of the vehicle.
Deputies determined Schatek was the owner of the bags.
Schatek was arrested and transported to the Shasta County Jail where he was booked for: possession of a controlled substance for sales, transportation of a controlled substance, storing controlled substance in a hidden compartment, and marijuana sales.
- A traffic stop in Anderson leads to a drug arrest
- Chico traffic stop leads to drug arrest
- Oroville Traffic Stop Leads to Arrest on Drug Charges
- Redding traffic stop leads to arrests for drugs and gun
- Anderson Traffic Stop Finds Felon with Drugs and Gun
- Traffic stop ends in drug bust, arrests
- Traffic Stop Leads to Drug Bust in Orland
- Traffic Stop Leads to Drug Bust in Trinity County
- Anderson crash leads to DUI arrest
- Traffic Stop Leads to Arrest and Stolen Vehicle Recovery