Sunday marks the “Super Bowl” of food at Buffalo Wild Wings.
"Super Bowl Sunday is huge, we are preparing weeks in advance for Super Bowl Sunday," said James Bitzonis, a Buffalo Wild Wings franchise owner.
Bitzonis says the place will be packed with plenty of hungry and thirsty fans.
“How many wings do you think you will sell on Sunday?” asked Nikki Battiste, a CBS News reporter.
“About 14 million wings nationwide,” Bitzonis said.
“It's a lot of wings,” Battiste said.
“It's a lot of wings, people love wings,” Bitzonis said.
Americans eat more food on Super Bowl Sunday than any other day except Thanksgiving.
And chicken wings are a football fan favorite.
The National Chicken Council expects Americans will eat 1.3 billion chicken wings on Super Bowl weekend, that's enough to circle the globe three times.
And don't forget the guacamole.
During Super Bowl week it's believed Americans will eat nearly 135 million pounds of avocados.
Many of the calories we consume will be from beer, Americans are expected to buy $1.3 billion worth.
And they'll be plenty of trips to the grocery store.
In 2017 Americans spent nearly a $1 billion on soft drinks.
Potato and tortilla chips sales hit nearly a half billion combined.
And $39 million was shelled out for the dip.
Pizza is always popular on game day - Dominos alone expects to sell more than 13 million slices.
But for many, the game plan will call for wings.
A super amount of food for football's biggest day.
- A super amount of food for Super Bowl Sunday
- Score big Super Bowl TV deals
- Local restaurants gear up for Super Bowl
- Super Bowl selfie kid speaks out
- Timberlake rules out 'N Sync reunion at Super Bowl show
- Super Bowl Fever: It’s Good for the Brain
- Sheila E: Timberlake won't use Prince hologram at Super Bowl
- Super-size Black Hole discovered
- Redding residents bask in the sun rather than watch Super Bowl
- Southern California gets clear view of super blue blood moon