KHSL - Several school districts in the state have begun to offer free meals for those of their students who may be needing extra assistance while missing class due to the coronavirus.
- The Butte County Office of Education is providing pick-up "grab-and-go" meals at nearly 30 locations around the county for students while schools are closed. For full details, CLICK HERE
- Berry Creek Elementary School - Food will be given to students, Monday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Any further questions can be answered by calling the school.
- The Community Action Agency of Butte County is also providing meals to families at different locations through April. Click Here for details.
- Orland Unified School District is providing food for students
- The Orland Pantry is also stepping up to provide food. CLICK HERE
All children under the age of 18 can receive lunch at two drive-up locations, Monday through Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. A child must be present in the car to receive the bagged lunch at the drive-up locations below:
- Education Village - 499 Margurite Street in Williams.
- Colusa Children's Center - 705 6th St. in Colusa
SHASTA AND TEHAMA
Below is a detailed list of resources on where students may pick up food in Shasta and Tehama Counties.