It should have been a simple rescue.
A dog in a two-foot deep canal who couldn't climb out.
What it became??
A 30 minutes pursuit full of heart stopping moments all caught on camera.
First rescuers helped pull the pup out of the canal.
But then watch what happens.
The dogs slips out of the collar, and he's off.
Running at top speed down a roadway.
Cutting in and out of traffic from one side of the road to the other.
This went on for more than a half hour.
Drivers seemed to give him wide berth and the dog was eventually cornered and caught by a good Samaritan.
Fortunately the dog is microchipped and likely will be returned to its owner.
With a fur-raising story to tell.
- A dog rescue turns pursuit in Arizona
- Placer County Sheriff deputy rescues dog
- Dog rescued in Scotland caught on camera
- Firefighters in Canada rescue dog from icy creek
- 2 dogs rescued from cliff by San Francisco firefighters
- Oregon search and rescue dog falls 30 feet, survives
- Owners get stuck overnight after trying to rescue dog
- BCSO cancel pursuit with wanted felon
- Oroville Police arrest man after foot pursuit
- California pursuit ends in stand off