PARADISE, Calif. - A nativity scene is bringing a bit of faith back to a family displaced by the Camp Fire.
Matt Wedin and his mother lost their home in Paradise during the Camp Fire.
When the family was allowed to return to their home, Wedin says he found the nativity scene among the rubble.
Wedin says, "It is incredible, I feel like when I found the nativity scene, it was kind of a message from God. I don't know there is a higher power, there is hope at the end."
The porcelain nativity scene was a family heirloom.
Wedin says he can't help but trust that everything will work out.
- Paradise Family's Nativity Scene Remains Standing after Home was Destroyed
- Mobile homes destroyed in Paradise
- Paradise Resident Returns Home, Shows What Remains
- Paradise families receive "Welcome Home Kits"
- Fire destroys home in Oroville
- 2-Acre Fire Destroys Thermalito Home
- Paradise native on this season of The Voice
- Paradise Native Organizes Benefit Concert for Camp Fire Victims
- Fire survivor family gets tiny home in Paradise
- Niners Coach, Paradise Native Helps Bring Paradise Football Team to Monday Night Football Game