MARYSVILLE, Calif. - CHP officials confirm a 19-year-old woman was killed while pushing her vehicle along Loma Rica Road near Highway 20 in Marysville.
Officials say this occurred the evening of Saturday, March 21 shortly before 8:00 p.m. when Yuba-Sutter CHP was sent to a report of a traffic collision on Loma Rica Rd north of SR-20.
Officers initial investigation determined that a 20-year-old man was driving a 2011 Chrysler southbound on Loma Rica Road north of SR-20 at 65 miles-per-hour.
CHP says during this, a 19-year-old woman was standing along the left side of her vehicle and pushing her 2005 Honda in the southbound lane ahead of the 2011 Chrysler.
As the 20-year-old man driving the 2011 Chysler was driving, CHP says he was going to fast and didn't see the 19-year-old woman ahead of him pushing her vehicle. As a result, the front end of the 20-year-old man's car hit the left side of the 19-year-old woman's vehicle resulting in fatal injuries to the 19-year-old woman.
CHP says alcohol and drugs are not considered a factor in this crash.
- Woman killed by another car while pushing her vehicle along Loma Rica Road in Marysville
- Loma Vista School unveils new building
- Funnel cloud in Marysville
- Missing Marysville Woman Found After 10 Days
- Caltrans Job Fair in Marysville
- Officer Involved Shooting in Marysville
- Marysville Police Arrest Burglary Suspect
- Smartville resident killed in head-on crash at Marysville
- Two Marysville teens charged in Idaho woman's murder
- Marysville teen charged in murder of Idaho woman