The sky was not the limit for one elderly man in southern California.
Robert Reed says he's been talking about jumping out of an airplane for years and even considered joining the paratroopers during World War II when he was in basic training, but decided against it.
Reed turns 90 years old on Monday and said the occasion seemed like as good a time as any.
Reed says he was inspired by former President George H.W. Bush, who used to skydive each year on his birthday.
He also said being up in the sky was a chance for him to be closer to his wife.
In all, Reed roped in 30 people to celebrate his birthday.
- 90 year old man celebrates his birthday skydiving
- Lodi Skydiver Dies in Parachute Accident
- Skydiver killed after falling onto roof in California
- Chico couple celebrates 70 years of marriage
- New York New Year's Eve celebration in Oroville
- Celebrate Chinese New Year at Oroville's Chinese Temple
- Chinese New Year celebrated at historic Oroville Temple Sunday
- Chinese Temple and museum host 'New Year' celebration
- 'La Comida' Restaurant Celebrates 50 Years in Business
- Damburger Celebrates 80 Years Serving the Redding Community