TEHAMA COUNTY, Calif. - The Tehama County District Attorney Bureau of Investigation arrested nine adults on Feb. 25 for failing to send their children to school.
The sweep was conducted throughout Tehama County in conjunction with the Tehama County Department of Education and Truancy Enforcement Team.
The Department of Education works with individual schools and the District Attorney's Office to resolve a truancy problem.
After resources to help the parents are exhausted, then the District Attorney's Office obtains criminal arrest warrants for the parents.
The following adults were arrested on truancy charges and booked into the Tehama County Jail:
Jason Wilson, 29, of Red Bluff
Shaylene Wilson, 26, of Red Bluff
Maria Rodrigues, 48, of Red Bluff
Christopher Byrd, 38 of Red Bluff
Stacy Hethcoat, 43, of Red Bluff
Loreno Suarez, 39, of Red Bluff
Tonya Humphrey, 39, of Corning
Stephanie Ruvalcaba, 39, of Los Molinos
Rebecca Gibson, 62, of Dairyville
- 9 adults arrested in Tehama County on truancy charges
- Tehama County Election Results
- Man Arrested on Rape Charges in Tehama County
- TORNADO WARNING IN TEHAMA COUNTY
- Tehama County DA speaks about the Rancho Tehama shootings
- Tehama County lawyer charged with bribing a witness
- Suspects arrested in burglary, high-speed chase in Tehama County
- Breaking News Report: shooting in Tehama County
- Local group challenges Tehama County cannabis laws
- Tehama County residents challenge pot laws