The 8th Annual Shortz! Film Festival kicks off its two day run Saturday, August 11th at the Chico Theater Company, 166 E. Eaton Road in Chico.
The festival showcases the best and brightest short films from around the globe. All of the films are 30 minutes are less.
Founders Renee Boyd and Scott Brown say the goal is to provide a fun environment, to meet and network (and produce more films) and to showcase the films to a large audience. Many fillmmakers will travel to Chico from outside the area to take part.
The event incluces FREE popcorn. Tickets are $10 per night or $15 for a weekend pass. They are available online at chicotix.com or at the door.
There is also a FREE Shortz! Film Festival Roku channel that allows filmmakers and the public a year-round Internet screening platform. It currently has more than 54,000 subscribers from around the globe.
The first session on Saturday is "Kid friendly".
For more information visit www.shortzfilmfest.com or call (530) 876.4199.
- 8th Annual Shortz! Film Festival this weekend
- 8th Annual Help-Portrait Chico happening soon
- 24th Annual 'Salmon Festival' Held in Downtown Oroville
- 2018 Chico Comedy Festival to Deliver Laughs This Weekend
- Annual 'Relay for Life' relay in Chico this weekend
- Films that stole the spotlight in 2017
- 8th Graders Build a "Tiny House" for the Homeless
- Foster awareness festival in Chico
- Festive New Year's Eve cocktail
- California Nut Festival Returns Saturday