The 8th Annual Shortz! Film Festival kicks off its two day run Saturday, August 11th at the Chico Theater Company, 166 E. Eaton Road in Chico.
The festival showcases the best and brightest short films from around the globe. All of the films are 30 minutes are less.
Founders Renee Boyd and Scott Brown say the goal is to provide a fun environment, to meet and network (and produce more films) and to showcase the films to a large audience. Many fillmmakers will travel to Chico from outside the area to take part.
The event incluces FREE popcorn. Tickets are $10 per night or $15 for a weekend pass. They are available online at chicotix.com or at the door.
There is also a FREE Shortz! Film Festival Roku channel that allows filmmakers and the public a year-round Internet screening platform. It currently has more than 54,000 subscribers from around the globe.
The first session on Saturday is "Kid friendly".
For more information visit www.shortzfilmfest.com or call (530) 876.4199.
- 8th Annual Shortz! Film Festival this weekend
- 8th Annual Help-Portrait Chico happening soon
- Sundial Film Festival kicks off Saturday
- In Focus Film Festival coming to Chico
- Wild & Scenic Film Festival comes to Oroville on Saturday
- Mike Graf Dec 8th Weather
- Watch Trailers for This Weekend's Top Box Office Films
- 24th Annual 'Salmon Festival' Held in Downtown Oroville
- 20th Annual Snow Goose Festival is Next Week
- Butte Rose Society to host 25th annual festival