ANDERSON, Calif - An 84-year-old woman has been arrested after shooting her gun at a family of five, three of those relatives being kids, according to the Shasta County Sherriff's Office.
SCSO officials said, that deputies responded to a report of a "shots fired call" just before 7 p.m. Friday at the 16000 block of Dot Lane in Anderson.
When deputies arrived, a neighbor identified as Angela Rollins, spoke to authorities and said that she was outside her home on the front yard with her husband and three kids, when her elderly neighbors started to become upset at their kids.
Authorities said that 84-year-old Betty Frances Sanders and her husband then approached the family at their front yard fence and complained about the children riding motorcycles and being noisy.
Moments later an argument broke out and Sanders fired one round from a handgun toward Rollins and her family, who were approximately 20 feet away, but no one was hurt, according to SCSO.
Deputies were able to contact Sanders at her residence at 16849 Dot Lane in Anderson and she was interviewed by authorities, and a handgun was located, according to SCSO.
Sanders was arrested for:
- Assault with a firearm
- Child endangerment
Sanders was booked into the Shasta County Jail and her bail is set at $50,000.
UPDATE: Sanders has been released from Jail and still faces a charge of assault with a firearm and child endangerment. Her court date has not been set.
- UPDATE: 84-year-old woman out of jail after being arrested for firing a gun over complaint of noise in Anderson
- Orland shelter faces noise complaint from neighbor
- Felon Arrested with Handgun After Noise Complaint at Party
- Man Threatens Roommates with Gun over Complaint of Noise: Chico PD
- Anderson Man Arrested for Pulling a Fake Gun
- Police Arrest Man for Chasing Woman from Redding to Anderson
- Arson Suspect Arrested in Connection to Anderson Fires
- Anderson man arrested for theft and firing handgun
- UPDATE: Paradise Man Now in Jail for Shooting of Anderson Police K-9
- 16 arrested during Anderson warrant sweep