QUINCY, Calif. - An early morning fire at the Pine Hill Motel in Quincy on Highway 70 caused one death and destroyed two of the motel cabins.
The 80-year-old man who died has not yet been identified.
Fire Chief Robbie Cassou of the Quincy Fire Protection District told Action News Now the fire started at approximately 5:30 a.m. on Sunday morning, Oct. 28.
Cassou said it took around 45 minutes to contain the fire.
He also said the cause of the fire is under investigation, but they do not believe it was suspicious in nature.
- 80-Year-Old Man Dies During Quincy Motel Fire
- Man arrested for meth sales in Quincy
- 80-year-old man crashes into building pins man into wall
- Neighboring Homes Destroyed in Early Morning Fire in Quincy
- Quincy Native Signs with Four Year School
- Quincy Woman Drowns in Indian Falls
- Oro Quincy Hwy Won't Reopen This Year
- Temporary Closure Around Minerva 5 Salvage Project south of Quincy
- Hour Long Delay at Hwy 70 east of Quincy
- 1 killed in crash on Oro Quincy Highway Sunday