LIVE OAK, Calif. - A car struck and killed an elderly man late Tuesday night in Live Oak, with witnesses saying the deceased was previously standing at Larkin Road, said the California Highway Patrol Yuba-Sutter.
According to CHP, five different agencies (Oroville CHP, Sutter County Fire, Butte County Cal Fire, Live Oak Police Department and the Sutter County Sheriff's Department) responded to a collision on Larkin Road south of Brubaker Road just before 10 p.m.
Investigators at the scene said a 79-year-old man later identified on Thursday as Wilbur Menth was walking in the northbound lane of Larking Road near Brubaker when a northbound white Nissan approached Menth.
The Nissan, driven by Darshan Johal, 53, of Yuba City apparently didn’t see Menth in the roadway and accidentally struck him, according to CHP.
Witnesses say they saw Menth was waving his arms before he was hit, but authorities do not know why Menth was standing in the road.
- 79-Year-Old Man Killed After Crash in Live Oak
- Rabid Bat Found Inside Live Oak Home
- Live Oak school goes on lockdown after staff hears gunshots
- 1,000 Care Kits Distributed for First Responders in Live Oak
- Power restored to more than 2,000 Live Oak customers
- Family Mourns Man Killed in I-5 Crash
- Orland Man Killed in Crash Near Corning
- Updated: Crash Kills Fairfield Man in Nicolaus
- Man Killed, Child Survives Early Morning Crash
- One Man Killed in Crash Near Oroville