(WDIV) Detroit police are investigating after a 7-year-old boy was shot in the neck Thursday on the city's east side.
The boy's mother heard shots around 11 p.m. The boy ran to his mother to tell her that he had been shot, police said.
The boy was rushed to the hospital and is listed in critical condition, but he is expected to recover.
Police said he's only listed in critical condition due to his young age.
Read More: http://bit.ly/2GDYTjK
- 7-year-old boy shot in love triangle feud
- Man Arrested After Love Triangle Turns Violent
- 7-year-old girl dies during tonsillectomy
- 7-year-old child dies in New York house fire
- 7-year-old Mason Gurney completes Mt. Shasta Climb
- Paradise Strong, Love Strong
- SCSO: Teenage boy Accidentally Shot by Friend; Intended for Bear
- Love Paradise group holds 'Love our Schools' event
- This orangutan loves to paint
- Funerald Held for Guatemalan 7-Year-Old Who Died in US Custody